Paideia is an organization built on both Ergo and Cardano blockchains whose purpose is to create a functional, secure, and well-documented DAO software suite that supports DAOs as they form and develop. It will make it easy for anyone to initiate a DAO, distribute tokens using various methods, create proposals and collect votes. It will help various organizations share funds in a secure and fair way.
Anyone who needs to manage a treasury as a group will benefit from these tools. Examples include:
- Existing DAOs that need on-chain voting.
- Investment groups that pool their resources to meet minimums.
- Developer teams that need to protect funding runway.
- Startups looking to raise funds.
- Blockchain Projects that need to provide transparency and rugpull resistance.
- P2E gaming guilds that want to play in shifts
"Using our tools, individuals who don't have fair access to financial systems may take control and compete in a society that is imbalanced and stacked against them, without needing the approval of the wealthy or elite."
Through Paideia, DAOs can distribute governance tokens, raise funds, manage their treasury, create proposals on expenditures or governance, have a forum for stakeholders to discuss all ideas and proposals, and easily deploy their funds to achieve their goals.
Functionality, Security, and Support
People do not join DAOs to create software. They join them to accomplish something in the real world that benefits them or their communities. But, a DAO needs software to enable it to function as a decentralized, autonomous organization. DAOs need an off-the-shelf DAO toolkit, one that provides:
- Standard Functionality and Governance Options: A software suite that offers a selection of pre-defined governance options and capabilities that simplifies the whole process of creating and participating in a DAO, with clear documentation that eliminates the need to read the DAO smart contracts and open source code for those with the desire and ability to review the code themselves.
- Security: All smart contracts are reviewed by independent third parties to make sure it conforms to the best practices. Further, smart contracts will be tested extensively to ensure funds are secure, and vote tallies are fair, transparent, and untamperable.
- Support: DAOs are a new type of organization. The concept will evolve. Individual groups will grow and change. DAOs are going to need membership support and developers that can implement new features to meet the needs of the DAO.
Paideia is designed to make it easy for anyone to create, manage and be involved in a DAO, as well as facilitate the distribution of governance tokens and allow the ability to raise funds. The technical goal is to provide a secure DAO tool set that is open, easy to use, inexpensive, and allows for use in any environment. With Paideia in the hands of anyone that wishes to use it, this software suite can open new ways for people to work together, to change their lives and the world for the better.