The calculator shows how much reward can be expected for Pools with different parameters and different settings of the Cardano network. The calculator also estimates how much variability in the return can be expected by running a Monte Carlo simulation
What does the calculator do?
- Shows the expected annual return of a stake pool for the operator and the delegators.
- Shows the distribution of these returns using a Monte Carlo simulation, this is particularly important for smaller pools where the range of rewards can be much higher or lower than expected due to luck.
- Comparison between pools.
- Tweak the monetary policy parameters, pool parameters and reward parameters and see how the expected rewards change.
What questions does it help to answer for Pool Operators?
- Is it worth running a new stake pool if pledge x and get y from delegators?
- What is the expected return of a pool and how much lower/higher can it be due to luck alone?
- From a reward point of view is it better to have your ada as a pledge or a stake?
- How does my pool compare to another pool x?
- How many blocks can I expect to mint in a year?
- How much ADA can I expect to receive per minted block?
- I have not minted any blocks in the last x epochs, is it normal for my pool?
- If the reward parameters x is changed how will it affect by pool?
- Can you show me how the Cardano monetary policy and reward formula work?
What questions does it help to answer for Delegators?
- What is the expected return of a pool that I am delegating to and how much lower/higher can it be due to luck alone?
- I am thinking of moving my stake to another pool, will I get a better return? Will this return be more stable?
- The pool to which I have delegated has not minted any blocks, how many blocks is it expected to mint?
- I want to compare the expected returns from across 5 different pools, how do I do it?
- Do pools with a small stake generate a higher return compared to pools with a large stake?